If the owner of a premises does not provide a safe place for visitors, it can result in an accident. Often, this will be a slip, trip or fall accident. 

If you have been injured in a public place, or your child has, please contact us at Serious Accident Solicitors Ltd. You could be in a position to make a public place accident claim. 

For a free, no obligation enquiry, call us on 0800 024 1400 or fill out our free online enquiry form.

We have different funding options available. Most of our public place accident claims are handled on a no win, no fee basis.

Public place accidents 

Areas that can be accessed by the public will have an owner or be operated by a business or local authority. Owners and organisations have a duty to make sure all their visitors are reasonably safe. This includes places such as houses, shops, DIY stores, garden centres, sports grounds, hospitals, schools, public buildings and garages. 

Unfortunately, those responsible do not always meet their legal obligations. This means visitors are sometimes exposed to unsafe risks and hazards. If this results in an accident, there could be grounds for a public place accident claim. 

Slips, trips and falls

Slips, trips and falls are common types of public place accident. This could happen due to:

  • A spillage that is not wiped up immediately
  • A wet floor that is not signposted
  • Loose cables, carpet and boxes
  • Insufficient safety railings

Successful public accident claims have been made by people who – 

  • Tripped over a rug not secured by a gripper
  • Slipped on a highly polished floor
  • Fell over a bag
  • Misplaced footing due to poor lighting
  • Were trampled during a visit to a football match

Making a public injury claim

There are other ways in which a public place accident might happen. It is not always a slip, trip or fall. Whatever the nature of your injuries, if you have suffered an accident in a public place, we urge you to contact us at Serious Accident Solicitors Ltd. 

As a visitor to a public place, your health and safety should be protected. If you have come to harm, it is likely that something has gone wrong. 

Claims often prompt owners and local authorities to put better safety measures in place. By taking legal action, you will help prevent others from suffering a similar fate. You will also be able to secure compensation for your pain and suffering, and your financial losses. If you need anything else to make your life better– such as medical treatment or an interim payment– we can help you access it.

Child accident claims

The law expects owners of buildings to be aware that children tend to be less careful than adults. Children are considered more vulnerable to the dangers and traps that an adult would avoid. 

An owner should expect a child to play with things they are not supposed to. Special care must be taken to make all dangers that might be tempting to children safe. If they are ignored and an injury happens, compensation should be payable.

Who pays my compensation?

Most owners of buildings pay for insurance to protect themselves against a claim. It is highly likely that an insurer will pay your compensation, not the owner. If you do not make a claim the insurer will simply keep the money in their profits that could have been paid to you.

Public place accident solicitors

Too many unnecessary injuries are inflicted on innocent visitors to buildings every year. If this has happened to you, please contact us for advice. We can advise whether or not you are able to pursue a personal injury claim. 

We will never pressure you into making a claim. The choice is entirely yours. If you want to proceed, we will handle everything for you, working hard to get you the compensation you are entitled to. 

All legal advisors are different. At Serious Accident Solicitors Ltd, we are experienced injury solicitors. It has taken us many years to gain this expertise. Far too many people making claims find themselves represented by unqualified paralegals.

Making an injury claim is likely to be an important financial decision. We recommend that you choose an expert solicitor. We have the highest standards and look forward to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve.

Make an enquiry

We have different funding options available. Most of our public place accident claims are handled on a no win, no fee basis. 

For a free, no obligation enquiry, call us on 0800 024 1400 or fill out our free online enquiry form.